Church of St.Bartolomew The town was first noted in 1325. The dominant of the city is late-Barogue church of St. Bartolomew dated back to the 18th century. Inside the church are found valuable ceiling paintings, Gothic christen place and a crypt of the Žerotín family with coffins from the 16th century, which is opened for visitors. In 1990 the historical center of the city was proclaimed the urban memorial zone. In November 2001 the building of a former synagogue was opened after a long reconstruction. It now serves to cultaral purposes. The original building dated back to the 18th century. In the 19 century the reconstruction in neo-Romantic style was made by the architect Fr. Schmoranz. Now it is changed byck to its former appearance. In 1862 there was built the Jiwis school there, it was reconstructed together with the synagogue. Nowadays in its interiers there is given Gallery Cyrany with continual exposition of the East Bohemian artists from 20th century. The late-Baroque chateau comes from 174. At the same time the Sporks founded the chateau park in an English style with unique trees (hundred-year-old oaks, Chestnuts, South-Americans elmtrees, etc.). During a largereconstruction of the chateau in the forest park-the Palace-is situated in the South-east edge of the city with the area 200 heactars and with the hill Palace in it (382m).

Sport and culture

  • Sport hall with a playground for hand ball, basketball, volleyball and small football. Sauna with a modem whirpool. You can also use perfectly equiped fitness and solarium. phone: +420 469 695 132
  • Streethockey stadium - dimensions 50x25 m, phone: +420 603 312 060
  • Gallery Cyrany with continual exposition of the east Bohemian artists from 20th century in the building of the former Jewish school. phone: +420 469 660 340
  • The building of a former synagogue. Here are organized musical and cultural events.
  • St. Bartolomew´s fair. It takes place in June.
  • The exhibition "Late summer in the Iron Mountains". In September.

Autocamping Konopáč

The natural swimming pool with a slide in the car - campsite, which offeres all basement (accommodation, food, rent of sport facilities and bicycles).Opened all the year round. Phone: +420 469 695 117

Microregion around Heřmanův Městec

The Microregion around Heřmanův Městec is situated partly in the Iron Mountains and partly on thein foothills and is formed by 11 municipalities. This countryside was covered with woods from historical times. The Iron Mountains thank for their name to the mines where iron ore was found. The rests of the mines can be even find around Heřmanův Městec. The iron ore was mined here around 1 000 B.C.

At the end of the 11th century a /remyslids principál farmstead - an important farm building - existed in Jezbořice. A very old village s also Kostelec at Heřmanův Městec, because of its church of Roman origin. The church was strengthen by mounds and ditches and recently you can find very valuable medieval wall paintings there.

Most villages come from the time of colonisation in the 13th century, which is evidenced by originally Gothic churches, f.e. Church of St. Peter und Pau in Rozhovice. The history of Heřmanův Městec is sharply connected with existence of local Jewish community. The jewish cementary - one of the oldest and the largest in the Czech Republic, Former synagogue and the building of the Jewish school are opened for visitors.

Surroundings rich in iron ore enabled the production of iron. In 1610 was built a furnace i Kostelec at Heřmanův Městec and in the middle of the 17th century was a blast furnace erected at the same place. In Klešice there existed a machinefor production of iron.In the time of Baroque the village churches werw rebuilt - f.e. in Svinčany and the houses in the sguare in Heřmanův Městec, which is now a protected area of historcal importance. there is also a chateau, which get its late-Baroque style during the rule of the Huke of Špork and which is surrounded by a large English park with many protected trees now.


ChrudimIn the former dotted city of the Czech queens there are preserved many houses in Gothic-Reneissance and Baroque style. In a wonderful reneissance House of a Soapman there is now a Museum of Puppets. The oldest from four churces is the Church of Virgin Mary from the 13th century.


LichniceThe ruins of a big castle built around 1250 by Smil from Žitava. In 1649 it was destroyed because of the order by Ferdinand III. From 2989 under the reoaration by ecological movements Brontosaurs and Ecocenter Pardubice. In summer the sight-seeing with explanations. The place of organising cultural events. An excellent view of the iron Mountains.


SecThe Seč Damp. An important rereation area. A big concentration of accommodation capacities, including two car-campsites. The damp was duilt in a valley of the river Chrudimka in 1925-1934. the ruin of a Gothic castle based in the 14th century on a rocky ledge over the damp. The surroundings of the castle Oheb was proclamed the natural reservation.

Veselý Kopec

Open-air museum of folk architectureandhandcrafts on the Veselý kopec represents a historical picture of folk houses, which fit together to this rough, but at thesame time nice nature. During the whole year theme are held various attractive programmes. In the surroundings there are other important memorials of folk architecture: a smithy im Možděnice, the Kings saw with a mill and the handceafts neighboroughood Betlém in Hlinsko.


Originally a medieval castle re-built to a New-Gothic chateau of the Auerspergs with an English park aroud. It offers rich collections of historical weapons. Under the chateau there is a chateau reservation with predators.